Founded in 1968 in Carros close to Nice by veterinarian Pierre-Richard Dick, Virbac is dedicated exclusively to animal health. With a turnover of €695 million in 2012, the company ranks today as the 8th largest animal health company worldwide. Its wide range of vaccines and medicines are used in the prevention and treatment of the main pathologies for both companion and food-producing animals.
- 8th veterinary company worldwide
- 695 M€ turnover +8,2 % growth (companion animals 62% and food producing animals 38%)
- 4,100 employees (including 70% outside France)
- Production sites in 9 countries
- 29 sales subsidiaries outside France
- R&D centers on 5 continents
An Expert in Animal Health
Over the last forty years Virbac has become the world's first independent animal health company dedicated to animal health and a recognised expert in the sector, offering products and services that combine quality, effectiveness and convenience for care providers (veterinarians and animal owners).
Present in more than 100 countries the company has more than 4,100 employees. Quoted on the Paris Stock Exchange since 1985 Virbac has remained a family company, not only as regards its shareholding but also through its management principles, its culture and its company values.